Monday, November 1, 2010
Day One - I am thankful for a strong ankle
I went for a run last night with Ben. It wasn't very long because I have hyper sensitive ears when it comes to the wind. Anyway, I was feeling so good on my run with the exception of the terrible throbbing ear aches that make my whole head pound and I was thinking how grateful I am for my strong ankle. When I shattered it a few years ago, the Dr. said I would probably never run again. At that point, I didn't care, because I hated running. As I started gaining weight from all my downtime, I decided I needed to get my rear in gear. Walking just didn't do it for me, I had this sudden urge to run. So, tell me I can't do something and I will set out to prove you wrong. I started running and fell in love. Now, I just can't get enough. I have to run as much as I can now, because my ankle will not always be my friend because I have very little cartilage to cushion me. Arthritis? Yes. Sooner than later. But today, I will be grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Have you ever tried ear muffs or a head band that covers the ears? Maybe that would help.
Post a Comment