I am rethinking the whole health one today, I'm not sure being pregnant 8 times is such a great idea.
But, I am thankful for education. I'm grateful for the wonderful schools and teachers my kids enjoy right in our own neighborhood. I'm grateful that my older kids are anxious about moving on with their education once high school is done and they are already thinking about it and planning for it. I am super grateful that Ben is supporting my effort to go back to school and get that degree that I have wanted for so many years. While I am grateful for secular education, today I am motly grateful for our spiritual education too. Funny thing happened this morning...
The boys were in their room fighting and being very ornery. I yelled up the stairs for them to the top of the stairs and talk to me. I told them that Satan called and wanted to thank them for being so contentious this morning. (I stole it from Nie Nie). I reminded them how happy Satan was listening to them argue and then I gave them some advice on how to get their room clean without talking. With heads bowed, they returned to their room. Then, later when we were reading scriptures before school, we actually came to 3 Nephi 11:29-30. I promise, it was not planned. Here's what it says:
29 For verily, verily I say unto you, he that hath the spirit of contention is not of me, but is of the devil, who is the father of contention, and he stirreth up the hearts of men to contend with anger, one with another.
30 Behold, this is not my doctrine, to stir up the hearts of men with anger, one against another; but this is my doctrine, that such things should be done away.
Yep, just like that. I stopped and sat up and said, "Sky, can you repeat the last two verses you just read?" He did. Silence from all of them. They knew. Then we said prayers and I told them I loved them and scooted them off to school. So, today I'm grateful for education.
3 comments:
Wow that's amazing! I love coming across scripture that is exactly right for the moment.
You are awesome! I need to use the Nie Nie line at my next family reunion. :-)
I'm grateful for my education too. And as the weeks progress with school, I keep telling myself that so I can continue to believe it, cause school and I are not getting along right now. But I do love school and am excited you see it's importance as much as I do. It's nice to have people close to me who are as crazy as I am. ;)
Post a Comment