Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thankful for my callings

OK, so even though I'm having a hard time with my music callings in the ward, I still love them. I love that when I lead the sacrament singing, I can look out into my ward family and see so many people that I love. I love to smile a them and see them smile back at me. I like smiling at the little ones whose moms and dads are helping their child "lead" the music with me. I like jesting with those who don't sing during sacrament meeting and encouraging them to sing their praises to the Lord. Love it, love it.

I also love leading the ward choir. I don't have the physical strength these days that I wish I had. I seem to get out of breath quickly and who would have thought leading the choir would make me so exhausted? I literally have to lay down as soon as they all leave. Even though it does, I love the people who come into my home and fill it with beautiful music. I love that I also host the primary children's choir at my home every Sunday. While I don't lead them, I love listening.

My new stake calling, while it hasn't really gotten underway the way I want it to, I am so excited about the potential effect I could have on some members of our stake. I went to my second training today and Susan (who is always someone I like to see cause I want to be her when I grow up) hit the nail on the head when someone mentioned that this calling seems to be "forgotten." She wanted to make a difference and so do I. I have been thinking about this over the 6 weeks since I was called and believe me, people of my stake will get to know me and it is going to be great!

2 comments:

Jen said...

What is your new stake calling?

Stacy said...

I guess I should have disclosed that...I am the liason for LDS Family Services for our stake. I am an advocate for the unwed pregnant mothers and offer information on marriage classes and support, drug, pornography, and alcohol addiction recovery, etc. I sent you a more detailed e-mail.