Friday, January 11, 2008

Finally, catching up with my life

OK, it seriously frustrates me when people don't update their blogs because I can't know what is going on in your lives if you don't update it often. Well, I just realized it's just shy of a month since my last blog so here's my update (kinda long), categorically:

Christmas Eve:
We finished our shopping early enough that I had most everything wrapped (thanks to Mom and Britt)before the weekend. I finished up a few last minute projects on Christmas Eve and then we went to Uncle Gary's house for our traditional soup/rolls/children's nativity. I'm glad it was early cause we were able to get home, open our "sibling" gifts (we rotate names), and be to bed early enough to get a decent night's rest. We have always told the kids that they can wake up and open their stocking gifts as early as they want, but 8am is as early as they are allowed to get us up. I sent kids to bed at like 2am, 4am, and then at 6am, we told them that if we were bothered one more time, Christmas was cancelled! I was kinda grouchy:)

Christmas Day: I love being with my little family and watching them interact with one another. We take turns so everyone gets to ooh and aah on each other. Ben was excited about his recliner chair, and I got my own Nintendo DS! I'm happy and sad to say that I've played it so much, I've beat the game many times now and I might need a new game. The Whettens came over at 10am and we had our traditional omelettes (made to order) and waffles (with apple syrup, or maple syrup, or berries and cream). I've had an omelette for breakfast since I was a little girl (thanks dad), Ben and I added the waffles as the family grew. Everyone had left by noon or so and we had some time to prepare ourselves to go to Grams for our dinner. I love beig with my family at the holidays.

Ben goes to St. George:
Ben offered to take the kids to St. George to visit his Grandma and to meet up with his folks. He stayed in Logandale with the Waite family and spent Friday in St. George with his family. I still can't believe he left me home! I cleaned out the little girl's room, the little boy's room, and the playroom. I brought down 6 bags of garbage and Ben's truck was full of stuff to get donated. Very successful if you ask me. I do wish I could have seen Grandma Johnson, they always say this is probably the last visit we'll get.

New Year's:
The kids came home from St. George with the stomach flu (24 hour kind). If you know me at all, I don't clean up vomit, even when I'm not pregnant, so thanks to the best husband ever, I hardly even noticed. I think it scared people away from our annual New Year's Eve party. Candice and Matt braved it, and Allison brought her kids while Joe caught some overtime. We watched a movie, brought in the New Year, then everyone went home. Kinda lame. Even Vance and Marly found better things to do.

New Curtains:
Thanks to Kim Skinner, I got new curtains and rods for my family room and living room - she's fabulous with ideas and I never knew Lowe's had such a selection of curtains and rods. We had to hit a few stores to get what I wanted, and of course we had to get some lunch, and we had a great time. Well, at least I did. I got Ben to hang them on Saturday so they would be up for when my family came to the Luau on Sunday night.

Luau:
My mom and dad had no clue that my Uncle and Aunt were surprising them with a trip to Hawaii. We had been planning it since just before Thanksgiving. We had a family party to celebrate Katy's 7th birthday/New Year's (cause mine was lame)/Joe and Allison's 10th anniversary/Uncle Tom's retirement. I still can't believe they had no clue. So that's where they are. I did not appreciate my dad's phone call the day after they arrived "Nana Nana, Boo Boo, I'm in Hawaii!" Totally rude and totally cool at the same time.

Relief Society:
Now I feel like I'm playing catch up with things that have been left undone since I found out I was pregnant. We had like 4 sisters move into the ward and I feel terrible that I haven't really met them yet. So, I'm getting back into my groove thing and getting it done. I was able to meet with two of them yesterday so I'm halfway there. Thank goodness I have the best board anyone could ask for. I rarely worry about anything. My counselors pick up where I slack and take care of their own assignments, my VT supervisors/coordinator always take care of collecting that report, my teachers are fabulous, and have you met my compassionate service leader? Sometimes I think she knows more than I do, and everyone else I haven't mentioned is probably because they quietly go about their callings and I just don't have to think about them. I never thought I'd love this calling as much as I do. That is how this pregnant, mother of almost 7, sports loving woman with thousands of loads of laundry always piled up gets most of her RS stuff done! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! This also goes out to all the VT who truly love their sisters and go visiting them, and all the primary/nursery workers who teach our children, etc, etc. I think if you all knew how amazing you were and how much potential you have, miracles could happen.

Pregnancy:
Allison's baby is due in less than a month and Candice found out she is having a boy! Jen is due in April, and Shirlene is due in June (my 1st and 2nd counselor in RS). It is almost depressing to say that I still have 25 weeks to go, and I don't find out until I give birth what I'm having. But, I'm finally over my "all day" sickness unless I brush my teeth. It might be TMI, but brushing my teeth makes me throw up. So, I apologize for my constant bad breath. I chew a lot of gum now, and spearmint candy. I just can't take it. I do brush my teeth at least once a day (mostly when I wake up so my stomach is empty). Now, if I could just not be so tired and didn't have to go to the potty 2-3 times everynight, things would be perfect. Thanks to all of you who tell me how "cute" I look. I feel like a freak show. I can feel the flutterings of life coming soon but I don't look forward to kicks to the lungs. I kept telling people that I was over the shock, but I don't think I was until recently. People who don't know my whole family are surprised to learn that Vance will get his driver's license next summer, Marly will be able to go to Saturday night dances, Drew will be in middle school, Katy will be in second grade, and my "big" baby will be in kindergarten all about the same time this baby comes. I don't care who you are, that is a shock that is not easily worn off.

Well, that is it, I don't know what I've forgotten.

10 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, what a great update! I think you covered a lot if not all! Oh, and THANKYOU! Your comments were so sweet.

Celeste - The Solar Cook said...

I'm jealous. I want my own Nintendo DS! I keep borrowing the kids to play, but they always want them back. I thought I was the only crazy mom out there who likes video games.

Nice that you got so much done when your family was gone. Mike will take kids without me too, which is a sweet deal!

Morris Mama said...

Next time Ben goes to Utah, he can feel free to take my kids along for the ride!

Chad~Nicole said...

It doesn't sound like you've been busy at all. :)

C Whetten said...

But you are so cute, and I am grateful for each and every grandchild you have given me. I'm so glad you got a Nintendo, I know how much my game has helped me.

Kim Skinner said...

Thanks for finally updating! And I had fun shopping too. Let's do it again when you are ready for pillows, fabric, etc. I can't wait to see the finished product! And I think we are due for some chips and guac from Chipotle :)

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

DS??? I would have never suspected! :)

The kids have one too and Jamie and I steel them at night and play Brian Age against eachother. I love that and we feel like rebels. We have not life odviously.

I loved reading your update...lots of good stuff in the makes for you. I can totally understand your fears and shock reguarding adding. Thankfully it will seem like normal once the bouncing baby ---- boy/girl is here. I am saying 100% boy. Thats my prediction. (even though I think a girl would be better because of the gender gap too. You seemed quite at the get together. Hope you are doing good!

Tressa said...

Loved reading your update! Seriously, I can't believe how much you seem to get accomplished with all your goings-on....tell me your secrets.

Karolee said...

I haven't even taken my tree down! How do you do it all? You are my idol, though I don't think I want 7 kids. I can barely handle the ones I have!

Stacia said...

You are AMAZING! How do you do it all? If you were Catholic you would be a Saint.