Marly called Anjie my new best canning buddy. She is. We did all those quarts of peaches last week, then she did the rest into jam (it is delicious). This week, we bought some rasberries and boy were they perfect. I didn't throw one away and I ate a lot, they were so plump and sweet. i wish I would have bought some just to eat. I got 24 8oz jars out of it for jam. After Saturday's football day, I was exhausted, but Darcey sent over some homemade white bread (I don't usually eat white bread), but with butter and homemade jam, it was simply heaven on earth. I didn't eat the whole loaf, just 3/4 of it.
The economic hardships have hit our family too. Ben has had furlough days (paycut and days off without pay) so we have been trying to keep him busy. Our pool turned green for lack of attention, so Ben went out and cleaned the filters. Yes, I am aware my filters are falling apart, but at $80 each, we are going to work through the winter and hope they make it to next summer. Anny had fun while he was cleaning them, playing in the overspray. She is so adorable.
The next picture just is a reminder to me of what hotel we stayed at on the beach when I went with Vance. The rooms were just about $100 (glad I didn't have to pay) but I wonder if I could get something similar for less from one of those bidding sites. Not that I'm going anytime soon, but just in case.
3 comments:
Yes, Darwin is my uncle. what's the story? tiffany@glassinaflash.com
...and your toes are polished too. Pretty.
Hang in there. These economic times are not for wimps. Sorry to hear about the paycut and furlough days.
Post a Comment