Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I'm not white trash anymore...as much

We may have had too much family time today, but I loved it. We started out this morning at makeup football games. We didn't get home until after 3. While it was a great day for some football, I had a list of things a mile long that needed to get done. So at 5, when I had regained some strength and energy, we hit the one thing on the list I can't do by myself anymore being this pregnant...the front yard needed some attention.

I'm proud to tell you that my kids worked their buns off in the front yard. With all of us working together, we got it done in about two hours. Marly then took the little girls swimming while Ben, Vance, and I finished up. Ah, it looks nice. No more grass growing where it shouldn't. No more having to step around flowers that are growing out of control. We even got rid of a lot of ants.

So, next time you are in the neighborhood, come admire my front yard. There's no more garbage strewn all over, the rocks are nice and raked (until the neighbor kids come out to play tomorrow), and all the bushes are pretty well trimmed. My neighbor was so happy, she actually bought us Burger King for dinner!!
So, no more white trash for us, unless you see my baby Anny outside just wearing a diaper, then you'll know I may have reverted, if only for a day.

3 comments:

C Whetten said...

Wow!! Looking good....I am so proud of you....wish I had that kind of drive.

Brittany said...

Mom, I'm GLAD you don't have that drive.

Rachel M said...

If you are white trash then I'm right there with you baby! And I LOVE getting yard work done. It makes me happy to see it all nice and tidy-even if like you said it's only for a moment. And I have to say I DO NOT miss the rocks living here:)