Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Anny!!

She's finally made it to the ripe old age of 1!!!
She joined our family on June 23, 2008, very early in the morning. We were enjoying a quiet sunday afternoon nap when my water broke and we went to the hospital. Of course, no contractions on my own, so I had to be induced. A quick labor and she arrived. This is Anny and myself on her blessing day. She is wearing the same dress I wore when I was blessed.

I swear I am not exaggerating when I say she has been smiling from the first moment I met her. She has a contagious smile that I can't get enough of.
She is so easy going and enjoys being outdoors with the family. She likes hiking, camping, swimming, going for walks, football games, baseball games, whatever, she likes being outside.

She has the most beautiful, thick, luscious hair that I have ever seen on any child. I have already trimmed it twice to try and keep it out of her eyes.

She was barely sitting up when she got her first ponytail.

Most everyone knows that she was born without fingers on her right hand. Ben and I were made aware at our 20 week ultrasound that this was the case and I have to admit it freaked us out a little. But, since she was born, we have had no need to worry. She uses her right hand as much as her left and when something doesn't work as well as she'd like, she figures out how to make it work. She is pretty industrious. I like to think that what she lacks in fingers, Heavenly Father multiplied in personality. She is quite the baby.

I wanted Anny long before she joined our family. I just didn't realize how much until she arrived.
A few things about Anny on her birthday:
She says "Hi" when she sees other children or people she knows.
She says a few words like "ba-ba" while she waves goodbye
and "na-na" when she is going to sleep.
She knows who her "pa - pa" is (Grandpa Whetten)
She knows the sound a dog makes is "ruf."
Her best friend is mom, just ask her.
She loves mom the most, but sometimes it is dad.
She loves bananas and avocados, pasta, green beans, and pretty much everything you put on her high chair. She drinks her milk from a sippy cup by herself.
She knows sign language for milk, more, please, and eat.
She sleeps with a pet tiger named Whiskers.
When she wants her diaper changed, she hits it and says "pai -pa."
She nods her head yes and shakes her head no at the correct times.
She loves to dance and listen to music.
She hasn't had an ear infection since getting her tubes in her ears.
This girl is so full of love, I don't know what we were thinking, waiting so long to have her. Happy Birthday to a sweet girl.
We love you!!

9 comments:

Tressa said...

She is a precious baby - can't believe it's already been a year! Happy Birthday, Anny!!

Crissie said...

She is so adorable! Sounds like she has been a tremendous blessing in your life.

Tim and Shay said...

I love her smile! She is such a doll!

Karolee said...

She is the happiest baby ever! Happy Birthday Anny! :-)

Morris Mama said...

I can't believe it's been a year! I swear you had her like 5 months ago!!! Glad to hear that her ears are better. Keep smiling Anny!

DoubleDeej said...

She seems very sweet. And precious!

Greco Family said...

I can't believe she's already 1! WOW time flies. She is adorable and I love the hair!

McDougal Family said...

She is such a sweetheart! Sounds like you were blessed with one beautiful and smart girl! :) Happy Birthday Anny!

Schurtz Family said...

I can't believe she's already one! I love her smile! You can't look at pictures of her without smiling, she's too cute!