Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Whetten Family Reunion 09

Warning: Picture Overload!!!



These two people are the reason we get together every summer and go camping. Bill and Carolyn Whetten are the proud parents of 6 children and from those children there are 4 spouses, 16 grandchildren plus 3 currently pregnant daughters, and four dogs. So, in pictures, here is a recap of the long weekend near Forest Lakes with all 27 of us and 4 dogs.

The food was wonderful, it got a thumbs up. My favorites are Donny and Deanna's dutch oven peach cobbler, Matt and Candice's apple pancakes with apple syrup, and our family's fry bread. Unfortunately, I don't like to cook the fry bread while camping, so we're thinking of something different next year.

Melissa's dog Mr. Bono

Donny and Deanna's dog Esse. He got lost but then found, luckily he didn't suffer the same fate as Attaka last year. RIP

This is Luke, Donny and Deanna's new dog.

Sorry, but I don't have a picture of Lacey, Candice and Matt's dog. There were lots of babies to be held. This is Baby Jason and Grandma. Anny and Afton Candice and Tristan Luke, Anny, Me, and Cole Joe and Cole
Camping does wear some of us out more than others. I just wish kids understood the beauty of taking a nap on a cot or mattress and how much more comfortable it is.While shooting, this butterfly landed on Katy's shoulder. They said it sat there for a few minutes before flying away. Marly spent a lot of time sleeping and reading. She is an excellent camper.

We went to the fish hatchery. Too many fish in a too small tank. Kinda like trying to squeeze all the Johnson family into our camper. Glad we brought tents.
Katy is our greatest camper. She never complains, she sleeps with Tawny in a tent by themselves, she wears flip flops the whole time, and she entertains herself so well. Of course, having Afton there is just a bonus for her. She loves hanging with the cousins.

I don't like the wind or being cold, but Anny doesn't seem to mind it. She could muster up a smile on demand. She hated being held all weekend, but I have a thing about getting dirty. You can't get down and roam while camping unless you can walk. She can't, so she sits on laps. She hated it and since she couldn't get any energy out through the day, she did not sleep well. Poor baby, that meant Ben didn't sleep well either. He is the camp mom since I do it at home.
Ben and Tawny enjoying some time in front of the campfire.
Skylar and Drew enjoying some bonding time at the fish hatchery.
Anny loves her Katy.
This is what our men look like at the end of four days of camping with all those women. Can't wait till next year!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad I didn't miss out on 'everything' this year. I am glad we do this, it is so fun.

I wish it would have been warmer for your sake and that Vance could have been there. Next year will be warmer!

I thought that we had taken more pictures, but after looking at all of them, I wish we had taken so much more.

You can't stop making your fry bread! It's my favorite.