Monday, August 4, 2008

First Day of School is finally here!!!

OK, so I sent my other baby off to kindergarten today. I never would have thought I'd have a new baby to keep me company. I guess I have to put off our retirement for 18 more years. Anyway, I was surprised that I didn't even cry (I did have some drainage from my right eye, but it went away quickly). Tawny was so excited to go. All the kids were. They all woke up at 6am, showered, got dressed, ate breakfast, did their chores, then sat on the couch and wondered what to do next. That was around 6:45. I found things for them to do until about 7:15 when we read scriptures and had family prayer. I was able to snap some pictures before they all ran to school except for Tawny, Anny, and I. I strapped Anny into her fancy new jogging stroller and we all walked T to her first day of school. I had hoped to come home and get the house clean and let it remain that way until they got home, but I had to take Anny to the Doctor. Anywho, I kept telling Tawny that I was going to go home and run around in my underwear so she'd better stay at school all day cause I wasn't going to come and pick her up if she cried. She didn't seem phased, she followed the kids to class and that was that. I don't know who was more excited about this day, them or me. How did your kids do?

8 comments:

I Am Boymom said...

YAY!!! My kids did great, we started school last week. Read my blog about my oldest when you get a chance. Other than that, things are about the same...Last year was my first year without kids during the day and my house was actully fairly clean. Am working at getting back into the groove this year after summer. Have fun! Sleep a little while you can!

Jen said...

All day with just a newborn? I can't even imagine what that would be like! Enjoy!

Brittany said...

I helped Judy Brown set up her kindergarten classroom... then the kids started coming in and I thought to myself "I am soooo glad I decided not to be a teacher". haha.

Lisa W said...

We started school this morning. It is a good day around here! As a friend of mine says, we've all been sitting around in our own juice for too long! I still have one home with me in the mornings then he goes to school in the afternoon. Enjoy your time with Anny--what a lucky girl to have you all to herself!

Celeste - The Solar Cook said...

We started school today too...at home. We had a great first day. I'm glad that you had a great first day too.

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

Did you see Tresures blog? Look! :)

C Whetten said...

How fun to have them all in school for the entire day. Just think of all you can get done. (JK)

C Whetten said...

How fun to have them all in school for the entire day. Just think of all you can get done. (JK)