Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I might be addicted to Diet Pepsi

So, the other day, DeAnna was trying to tell me how much Mt. Dew Donny really could drink in a week. I don't remember how much she said it was, but my response was, "is that too much?" Ben and I drink that much in one weekend! Each of us! OK, not so much when I'm pregnant, cause I really have tried to cut back. I'm down to only one 12oz can a day, it's like my morning coffee. The dumb thing is that I am having such bad reflux lately that I am really having a hard time eating normally. I've started eating smaller portions, more frequently, and drinking lots of water. Gag. The one thing that makes me suffer the worst of all? Diet Pepsi. It just sits in my throat and BURNS!! But what do I try to enjoy first thing every single morning, irregardless of the suffering it causes? One can of diet pepsi, promptly at 6:30am, every single day. I follow it down with the maximum dosage of Tums and I'm good!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

It was a 24 pack. Seriously. There are prob worse things you could be addicted to, but did you try the Pepcid?

Unknown said...

Not pepcid Prilosec.

Stacy said...

Too expensive, even with a coupon

Brittany said...

That half cup of 7UP I had at your house yesterday made my tummy bloated and achy the rest of the night until 4 this morning!!! That much soda would kill me. I don't know how you do it!

Stacy said...

I have been drinking diet pepsi for...20 years, I think my stomach is made of steel.

The Knappy Crew said...

Ohhhh!! Yes I love Diet Coke....I can completely relate.
Prilosec is awesome. My OB recommended it. The best thing on the planet. I think I might still have a pack. You don't need too many to keep that terrible pain away.

Chad~Nicole said...

Don't worry. I won't tell your RS president about your addiction.

MichelleY said...

I swore off diet pop with Brodie - only drank the real stuff...probably what helped with my SWEET weight gain! Then with Griff I gave in and let myself have atleast one diet pepsi a day, and Griffy is NORMAL :) Although he does enjoy a good glass of diet pepsi as much as I do everyday! Addicted at 18 months!!

Becky said...

That is too funny!

Karolee said...

I had my first caffeinated beverage in about a year the other day and I had the worst stomach ache! Oh, and I was awake half the night! I can't believe that I used to drink diet coke everyday too. I couldn't do it now.

Tressa said...

I'm afraid I can't relate...I refuse to drink anything DIET, it really makes me sick. I don't really drink soda much anyways, but when I do, it is definitely the real stuff.