Friday, May 9, 2008

A Day in the life of a country hick

Vance playing his marching snare
This is one of those pics like in the movie "Say Anything" where Tony was actually in the shot but Vance didn't know.
The cheerleaders were great, but the WalMart cheer was lame-o.

So, what gets more exciting in the town of Queen Creek than the Grand Opening Ceremony for our WalMart on Ocotillo??? Jana and I couldn't resist the thought of being there and taking pictures of all the festivities, even if we had to be there before 8am. Vance and the Queen Creek Band played (which by the way, didn't even get mentioned), the cheerleaders did a WalMart cheer (lame), Tony the Tiger showed up, and they even cut an actual ribbon. The mayor spoke, some guy gave his wife flowers for putting up with him for 22 years, it was hilarious. Jana and I were obnoxious. I took some great pics of Vance though, isn't he so handsome?!?!
...And then we bought some groceries before we headed home.


No comments: