I love our new church schedule, at 12:30. I don't mind getting up for 8:30 meetings cause it is only me I have to get ready. Ben does a great job of getting clothes ready, kids bathed, and dinner started (for after church) by the time I get home so he can go to choir. I can then get the last minute things done for RS, and do girl's hair, etc. But, yesterday, Katy was sick, so I had to stay home.
I especially love Sunday after church. I had dinner ready when everyone got home; fresh corn on the cob, squash (we love it fried in butter with salt and pepper), garden fresh salad, homemade dressings, orange jello, and pork chops. So yummy. We got everything cleaned up and the kids went their ways. Some of them are doing the Hinckley Challenge so they went to read. Later that afternoon, we worked on Duty to God, Faith in God, and personal progress goals. We got a lot of stuff done, and made a plan for finishing other things. I was surprised at how much they got done. Then, we retired upstairs for our family night movie. We watched Aquamarine, about a mermaid who wants to prove to hear merman dad that love is a real thing. It was a cute movie, with a good message. Family prayers then off to bed. Ben and I read for another half hour and we were asleep by about 9:30. I love Sunday. Having said, that, it is only noon today and why am I so tired? Oh yeah, prego. I have my ultrasound today, I better get ready to go.
5 comments:
That dinner sounds good...the produce basket on Sat. was AWESOME!! I'm so glad I started doing it again. Some people at my family dinner last night were commenting on my "beautiful" salad! :) Thanks again for picking mine up for me.
Haha, so Aquamarine wasn't as bad as you thought it would be??
Just checking to see if you "caved" at the ultrasound? I could never have that kind of self-control of not knowing!!
Your dinner sounds amazing! Sundays at your house sound the way Sundays should be.
Well, I feel one meal a week should be better than anything I can get takeout.
Post a Comment