OK, so those of you who know me, know that I am rarely ill. I don't get the flu and cold bugs that everyone else get and seem to hold onto forever. I usually take some Sudafed and Tylenol and it's over. Well, I got one this week that put me to bed.
It started on Monday morning and I wondered if we'd get through our temple session. We did, I got home and took some medicine, thinking I'd feel better soon. We took the kids for a trip to Usury Pass for the afternoon. (All except for Vance who went to work that day.) I figured Tawny wouldn't walk very far and since I still didn't feel super well, I told Ben that she and I would be the tail end of our family of hikers. Drew, Marly, and Skylar tore up the mountain and made it to the wind cave in record time. Ben and Katy made there about 20 minutes after them. Tawny and I actually weren't too far behind and we told some people who moved on ahead of us to tell that family to wait at the top cause we thought we might make it. We did, only 10 minutes behind Ben and Katy! Tawny hiked the whole 1.5 miles up that mountain on her own two feet! I felt like I was dragging her in some spots, but I knew I couldn't carry her. I kept saying how tough she was and how she could do hard things, but at the end, it was getting rough and I started verbalizing how I wasn't sure we could make it. She quipped back with, "You just gotta believe mom!" Of course, having said that, how could I let us quit?
So Tuesday, I tried to go about my normal routines, but I just wanted to close my eyes. We got through the YW/YM combined activity that night where Ben got to tell everyone about his mission to Korea. We made Korean food and talked about the culture, history, and mission life. It was really fun. I went to bed that night coughing.
Wednesday, I dropped Tawny off at school and went home and tried to act normal. I couldn't stop coughing and was so congested, it felt like I had a vice grip on my head. Every cough sent my stomach muscles aching. But, we had to take Ben's truck into the shop. We stopped at mom and dad's office and brough them some lunch but I felt so yucky and Ben had to get home to work so we didn't stay and enjoy it with them. I think that is when I finally crashed on the recliner upstairs. My humidifier, Kleenex, Sudafed and Tylenol were my best friends. Brother Peterson, our home teacher, came over and helped Ben give me a blessing. I am forever grateful for the Priesthood in our home.
Thursday was the worst cause I just felt like I would never get better so I called and made the decision to quit my race next weekend. (Ragner - 187 miles with 12 crazy women like myself - two days in my van) I never felt worse in my life. I know I could have participated, but I think the stress was too much for me and I had to let it go. (For those of you who are relieved, you're welcome)
I finally felt better on Saturday, and I was able to get Marly to her softball practice, and Drew and Skylar to their baseball tryouts. Jana and I went and got our nails done (they would have to look nice if I felt well enough to go to church the next morning, right?). I might have overdone it cause I went home and went to bed, exhausted.
It is Sunday morning now and I made it to Presidency Meeting, but won't be making it to church. My head is still pounding and I still have a cough that would scare all the parents of small children in our ward. I think I'll keep it to myself today.
I think I'll give myself at least this week to fully recuperate. I know Saturday afternoon, I'll be in my car, looking for my sole sisters to cheer them on at the race. Starting on Monday, the 3rd, I think I'll move to speed walking - anyone interested?
8 comments:
Stacy, I'm TOTALLY FEELING FOR YOU!!! Mine started Monday, too, and still hasn't gotten a whole lot better. I went to church today to lead the choir in sacm't mtg but didn't teach nursery. I'm glad Sudafed is helping you---I wish it were helping me!!!
Pregnant and coughing...not a good combination. I'm sorry you are feeling so awful and hope you get the rest you need to recuperate.
Come walking with us when you feel better. We meet at 9:30 M-F at the Sandwick park.
I'm glad to hear you're feeling a little better! It seems like a normal sickness is a thousand times worse when you're pregnant. As if you're not tired enough! If you need anything I'm around all the time!!!!
What is it with everyone being so sick this year!? On Monday Chad was a few hours late for work because he couldn't drag himself out of bed, which isn't like him at all. I hope you're feeling better ASAP. Do you need any soup?
Grandma is still sick too. This years bug is killer for some reason, it's taken everyone forever to get over it. except me that is... the first time in my life i've been the one to NOT get sick!
I hope you get feeling better this week; yucky to be sick for so long. I could go for some walking (don't know how much speed I could get with my 2 boys in tow).
We'll miss you (sniff sniff) :(
Post a Comment