In other news, Skylar has had a bad cold for the last week. He faithfully takes his Sudafed every morning and night and keeps ointment on his chapped lips and under his nose. The kids were calling him Rudolph because his nose was so raw from blowing and wiping it. Anyway, now that his cold is all better, he has CHICKEN POX! He complained about an itch on the back of his neck and we assumed it was a bite of some kind. I hope nobody at Wal Mart catches the chicken pox cause that is the only place we've taken him since he pointed out the first spot. By the time we got home that afternoon, his back and belly had a few spots. He has a mild case so far, since he was immunized in 2000. I guess that shot was no guarantee. I stayed home with him from the ward Christmas party lastnight and church today. We've napped, eaten, cleaned the kitchen, and had a nice time together. We made a lovely lunch for when everyone gets home from church and set the table all nice with a tablecloth and everything. I'm just glad he's old enough to leave alone for a few hours if I need to go get some Christmas shopping done during the day (which was my plan this week).Sunday, December 16, 2007
Drew got his cast off on Friday! He was so happy and so was mom - Boy, did that thing stink! He's so glad to be able to shower now without having to be saran wrapped to do it! He is going to keep the two fingers taped together when he is at school and basketball practice, and when he is wrestling in the family room for the next month!!
In other news, Skylar has had a bad cold for the last week. He faithfully takes his Sudafed every morning and night and keeps ointment on his chapped lips and under his nose. The kids were calling him Rudolph because his nose was so raw from blowing and wiping it. Anyway, now that his cold is all better, he has CHICKEN POX! He complained about an itch on the back of his neck and we assumed it was a bite of some kind. I hope nobody at Wal Mart catches the chicken pox cause that is the only place we've taken him since he pointed out the first spot. By the time we got home that afternoon, his back and belly had a few spots. He has a mild case so far, since he was immunized in 2000. I guess that shot was no guarantee. I stayed home with him from the ward Christmas party lastnight and church today. We've napped, eaten, cleaned the kitchen, and had a nice time together. We made a lovely lunch for when everyone gets home from church and set the table all nice with a tablecloth and everything. I'm just glad he's old enough to leave alone for a few hours if I need to go get some Christmas shopping done during the day (which was my plan this week).
In other news, Skylar has had a bad cold for the last week. He faithfully takes his Sudafed every morning and night and keeps ointment on his chapped lips and under his nose. The kids were calling him Rudolph because his nose was so raw from blowing and wiping it. Anyway, now that his cold is all better, he has CHICKEN POX! He complained about an itch on the back of his neck and we assumed it was a bite of some kind. I hope nobody at Wal Mart catches the chicken pox cause that is the only place we've taken him since he pointed out the first spot. By the time we got home that afternoon, his back and belly had a few spots. He has a mild case so far, since he was immunized in 2000. I guess that shot was no guarantee. I stayed home with him from the ward Christmas party lastnight and church today. We've napped, eaten, cleaned the kitchen, and had a nice time together. We made a lovely lunch for when everyone gets home from church and set the table all nice with a tablecloth and everything. I'm just glad he's old enough to leave alone for a few hours if I need to go get some Christmas shopping done during the day (which was my plan this week).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We are all sick around here and stayed home from church. I guess everybody caught my cooties.
I've heard that you can still get chicken pox after the shot. My kids have been exposed several times, but they could still get it. Bummer!
That's awful, chicken pocks are the worst! I love this time of year except for sick kids, I can't avoid it! Both of my kids are sick but I couldn't really ditch the party last night. Joel left early with the kids before they got anyone else sick. I was lucky enough to stay and listen to Marly's beautiful solo. She did such a good job and she is such a sweet girl. I'm sure I've told you this before but I am always so impressed with all of your kids every time I'm around them, please tell me your secret to bringing up such great kids!:)
lovely! BUMMER!
Post a Comment