I was like Chicken Little this week trying to get people help me work in the yard. At least Ben was my big helper and carried all the bags of mulch and other things I bought to plant my winter garden. When I have all these wonderful items growing in my garden, my kids are going to be sorry they didn't help. I planted spinach, lettuce, peas, corn, tomatos, carrotts, squash, zucchini, and probably more but I can't remember. I went off of a list given to me by master gardener John Chapman. I should have planted pumpkins earlier in August so I skipped them this year. MMM, I love watching my garden grow. I installed a timer to automatically water the garden. This way, I won't forget to turn it off and won't forget to turn it on...
In other news, I cleaned out the little girl's room. With three of them in there and one more on the way, it needed some spaced cleared out. I went through the dress up box which was overflowing (mostly because I found lots of dirty clothes in there). A lot of the stuff was too small for Tawny, but I left a few things for Anny, just in case the girls want to dress her up sometime. Here are some cute things I want to get rid of, but I don't mind giving them to someone who might want them for their dress ups or at least for Halloween...
This is a cute little leopard print jacket cowboy style with sparkly buttons. There is a sz 4 and sz 6X.
I also have a kitchen set, navy blue and silver. It is a little used, but comes with dishes, food, and utensils. It isn't a complete set, but is a perfect little kitchen. It might need a little screw tightening here and there, but it is cute. Sorry, no picture, it is hiding under a pile of stuff in the garage from when I put it out there a few weeks ago.
I also have an old washer and dryer. The washer doesn't spin anymore but if you know how to fix it, that was my only problem. The dryer takes about 1 1/2 hours to dry, but it works. The set is free, you just need to be able to load it. I can find a dolly if needed.
That's it for now. Let me know if you are interested or even just want to look at my stuff up close.
4 comments:
I didn't know you could do corn in the square foot garden. Have you done it before and if so how did it turn out. Ours did so well last year the kids loved it. They would run out during dinner sometimes to get lettuce for their hamburger. to funny. But to add corn would be cool.
Never tried corn, but it was in the book. We'll see.
Bring your stuff to that Midweek exchange activity. If I had little girls I'd be all over the cheerleading outfit, but I don't think Chad would go for dressing up Canon as a cheerleader this year.
Is it really time to plant again? I better get busy...
Post a Comment