So I'm not sure if I'm lazy or really motivated when I do this (or make the kids), but every other week, we make about 90 sandwiches and freeze them for school lunches. They are half PB&J and the other half are PB and honey. We lovingly refer to the honey ones as Ackenpucky cause that is what my little Grandma Whetten used to call them when we were kids. So, it takes us about an hour to make them, bag them, and get them to the freezer, but on school mornings, it is well worth the effort. Two hints, always use fresh bread and if you make meat and cheese sandwiches, just leave off the mayo.
6 comments:
Great idea! I hate making sandwiches. This would really make things easier. I probably won't ever make 90. lol
Ackempucky! I totally forgot she used to call them that. Did you try on her shoes because they were SO CLOSE to your size? I did it for a couple of years, and then one summer when I was about 10 my feet were too big for them!!
Great way to prepare! How long do the sandwiches last once you freeze them?
Good Idea!! I am impressed. I am going to have to try this. With two kids I can get away with alot less sandwiches. :)
I just roll with the Uncrustables. So sue me.
That is a great idea. I'm totally going to start that with my family. I'm always shocked at how long it takes my kids to make their sandwich each morning. This would totally free up 5-10 minutes depending on the kid! (That's a full 1/2 hour of chores or piano practice there.) Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment