Allison went into labor this morning. I got the call at 7am and headed over there by 8:30. She had gone from a 5 to 8 in about three hours. Anyway, by the time they got the second dose of antibiotics for the beta strep, we thought they would break her water and the baby would "fly out" (Allison's words). Well, once the water was broken, everything stopped. They got her on the pitocin to augment her labor and by 1:47, Baby Boy Jensen was born into the world. There was no name until later this evening. He was about 2 1/2 weeks early and his little lungs are not quite ready for this dangerous world. He is in the NICU with a tube to help expand his lungs and on oxygen for now. Let's hope this is more precautionary.
It has gotten me thinking about the miracle of life. The miracle of conception, the miracle of carrying to term, and the miracle of life. It got me thinking about the babies we have lost, the scary bedrest with Drew and then Anny, and Katy's stroke and subsequent battle with RSV. I came home and loved on my kids and was really grateful for the opportunity to be their mother. I am overwhelmed at the responsibility my Heavenly Father has given me sometimes and I know I do not live up to His expectations at times.
I got to hold a little baby at football tonight and it really got me excited about the new adventure we are preparing for come Christmas time. (Only Allison and Joe got to hold Tyler today before they took him to the nursery). I am doing my best to relish every moment of this pregnancy and the lives of my kids. When they told me it would go too fast, I didn't listen. I know now and I'm telling you, it goes too fast. Hug the babies, hug the children, hug the teenagers. That's my goal for tomorrow, this week, this month, this next year. Yep, even if they are taller than me and don't like to hug the mama:)
1 comment:
While you are doing all that hugging, give Alison a hug for me and tell her congratulations! :-)
Post a Comment