Saturday, May 2, 2009

Catch up

So, my camera got stolen a few weeks ago and I am beside myself. I am looking to get a new one, but I can't bring myself to spend the money. Of course, everytime I want to take a picture, I kick myself for not going out and buying one. Instead, I rely on Marly, Vance, and Deanna to let me borrow theirs. The problem with that is, that I have a hard time getting them onto my computer. Well, not Deanna's camera, but the other two. Anyway, here are some pics to get a little catch up.
























We are in the midst of baseball/softball season for sure. Oh yeah, it's track season too. Drew is having a great year in the majors. He pitches and plays second. Skylar also pitches and plays second. They are having fun and that is good for this ultra-competetive family of ours.


























Anny gets drug around to all the games but she is a trooper. You wouldn't know she's suffered from an ear infection since February by looking at her smile. Isn't she just perfect?!?!?!



















Vance is a crazy fool these days. Over spring break, they went to Camp Basin. (OK, he and his dorky (but loveable) friends camped in the retention basin in our neighborhood and had a great time.) He is a dating fool these days - here he is at a ball game with Shelley. Tonight, he is taking Shelley to the prom, pictures to come.

















Katy is playing softball, but I am coaching, so there aren't any great pics of her yet, but she had a great time trying to get Anny to play in the freezing cold pool.


This picture of Tawny is one of a billion on Vance's camera. She likes to take pictures of herself and they all turn out mostly like this. At least I have it recorded that she was here.














So thanks to Deanna for getting Tawny to her kindergarten hoe down or Farmtacular or whatever it was. I was working at the track meet and hoped to make it, but alas, did not. It's probably better that I didn't cause one look at Tawny's hair should help everyone understand that I wasn't there to help her get ready. Sorry I missed it, sweetie...not. But I heard you were really cute.
Marly has been busy winding down her last year of elementary school. She made the JV cheer squad for next year as a 9th grader. WOO WOO!! She has spent the last year as the president of what I like to refer to as the Geek Club (NJHS) and active on Student Council. She has been volunteering at all the elementary school carnivals the last few weeks so we don't see her much. She is an awesome babysitter still but reminds us constantly that her driver's permit is only 10 months away.

Now that Anny is a little less of a "mama's girl" (meaning she is almost weaned from me now), she likes to be with her dad. Speaking of Ben, between helping coach Katy's team with me, watching Drew and Skylar's team, helping at the home track meets, being the HP group leader at church and being VP of the Pop Warner board, he still finds time to be the great dad he has always been.


And then there is me. Tawny snapped this one and except for the glare on my glasses, it isn't half bad. Proof that I actually am involved in their lives, wether there are any pictures of me or not. I am coaching Katy's team, trying to get to Drew and Skylar's games when I can, officiating at the high jump pit at the home track meets, shuttling kids here and there, and ward choir director (and this week I am the stake music conductor for stake conference). Oh yeah, I took two classes at ASU also. I still found time to join a card club.






6 comments:

Karolee said...

Yay Marly! I'm in the same no camera camp and I REALLY need to break down and get another one soon. Can I just say I'm so happy I don't have driving/dating kids yet...yikes!

Unknown said...

In Marly's defense, I think Tawny's hair was done when I came and got her. It just had a 5 year old underneath it.

Melissa said...

I don't know how you keep up, woman! (makes me want to take a nap just reading about all the busy-ness.) But great update and pictures! You are awesome!

McDougal Family said...

You are my idol! You seriously are Super-mom!!! I don't kow how you do it and I wish I even had half of the energy that you do!
BTW - you did fantastic with the Stake Choir! I think they sounded great, don't you? :)

Ben said...

great post! I'm finally catching up today... How do you do it? Oh yeah you have a great husband!!! and a hansome devil too~!

GoatesGirl said...

Love seeing what's been happening with your great family! Super fun, keeping busy- you're awesome. Marly IS a fantastic baby sitter and we love her!!