Friday, March 28, 2008

Flashback Friday


Donny's birthday is Sunday and my dad's was on Thursday. We will celebrate both of them on Sunday night after Cole's blessing and luncheon (Allison's baby). I don't have any other cute pictures of Donny, but this one hangs on my fridge permanently, I don't know why. Notice how short my hair was and clear my skin was, this was probably 1988 cause that is my dress I wore to graduation from high school. Notice Allison's beautifully flowing locks of hair and flawless skin, she looks the same now. Notice Donny looks exactly the same as he did back then, except he had hair:) Notice Melissa had just hit puberty (she looks like a model these days). Candice and Brittany just look like the little girls they still are, except Candice is married with a baby on the way, and Brittany is in love and trying to graduate college this year. My mom looks just as young as she did back then, and my dad? Well, let's just say his "smile wrinkles" are a little bigger now cause he's just so jovial and happy all the time. The jist of this picture is that it was obviously taken in the 80's, notice the floral print dresses and shoulder pads.

9 comments:

Kim Skinner said...

There's something about Donny in that picture that reminds me of Skylar now.

Stacy said...

It is his contagious laugh. When Donny and Skylar laughs, you can't help but laugh with them.

Unknown said...

I have always thought that Skylar looks like Donny. But I also think that Skylar must look exactly the way your dad did at that age. Emma looks so much like me, but I see a lot of her in that picture of Brittany. Maybe Donny and I are the male/female versions of each other.....ew gross. And it just isn't right that Allison looks exactly the same. How is that genetically possible?!

C Whetten said...

Good Gene's. All my kids were so cute, you hate to see them reach that teenage stage in their life...but look at them all now. What a great looking family we have.

Brittany said...

oh geez, I totally remember having to wear that dress that Candice is wearing. haha, to this day I still hate wearing skirts or dresses, I always fought with mom about them, haha.

Chad~Nicole said...

What a beautiful family. Wasn't 80's fashion lovely? Shoulder pads should never come back in style.

Jen said...

You mean floral dresses with shoulder pads are out of style?! Oh man! I really need to clean out my closet and stop shopping at D.I.! HA HA! Ü

Celeste - The Solar Cook said...

I remember your family at this time. This is about how I remember everybody looking. LOL! I probably would not recognize anybody now. I'll have to post my old pics sometime.

Nate and Kristen said...

I remember that picture when I used to go and hang out with Candice. It must of been hanging up somewhere in your parents house.