Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Better things to do today
The laundry really needs folded and put away, the kitchen dishes are piled in the sink, the floor needs swept and mopped, and my bathroom? I can't even go in there anymore. So what did I do today? I didn't do much, but I had Donny come over and move out all my food storage boxes and help me knock down a wall under the stairs so I could actually have some sort of storage area.
This would be a before picture. I had already taken out all my 72 hour kit stuff that was stuffed in there all the way to the ceiling.
Donny was more efficient at pounding on the wall with the hammer than I was. (Or, at least he thought he was, when he said, "give me the hammer.")
Look how much room I have!!
I also found a secret stash of Potato Pearls! It was worth all the work just to find my last 3 cans. I know what I'm having for lunch today!! I can just taste their buttery, salty, goodness, melting in my mouth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Ok, you don't drink Coke. Is that a Coke can that was left in your wall?
I think Donny would be in heaven if his job was to knock down walls every day. Everyone should knock that wall down! What a waste of hidden space!
Coke bottle left courtesy of the builder. But, consider the space I have now to store my year supply of Diet Pepsi and Diet Mt. Dew!!!
you are still crazy. I think that you and Donny should start a reality show "Hidden Places" instead of "Trading Spaces".
Now I know what wall!
I agree about that space under the stairs being a waste! I'm jealous you've got that space now. Maybe we will knock ours out, too?! Are you going to sheet rock it and finish it or just leave it? That is a lot of space!
I think i'll just leave it, since it is just for storage. I have no need for it to look nice, I just want to stick my cases of toilet paper, can goods, and soda in there so it isn't in the garage anymore.
I love my closet space under the stairs. We knocked a hole in the wall as soon as we got the keys. It was kinda scary to mess up a beautiful new house but worth it in the end. You will love having all the extra space!
Post a Comment