Friday, February 8, 2008

Flashback and Fast Forward Friday

I've wanted to participate for a while now, but my whole life, I've never had any funky pictures of me to show off, ha ha ha. Anyway, I'm sure they're out there, I just need to find them. Yesterday, Vance picked up his letterman jacket and it reminded me of my own high school days and a picture of me in my jacket. I know you're all surprised to find out that I ran track. I placed at the state finals three years in a row as a high jumper. At one time, I could clear my own height! I also lettered in choir. I loved my jacket so much. I wish I had a picture of my mom and dad in their letterman sweaters, that would be awesome to have three generations. So, flashback to 1988 then fast forward to 2008 and who would have thought my own kid would have his own jacket. He has gotten a few letters, but when he got his cross country letter, I gave in. He also lettered in band, wrestling and swimming. Anyway, check this out.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy Katy. You have like 50 medals on your jacket. I have some too but mine are from the Olympics. That's right...olympics...special olympics.

Becky said...

I never had a jacket, got a few letters but no jacket... you ROCK!

Chad~Nicole said...

Looks like you were an overachiever in high school...still are.

Bethany M said...

I love the pictures! I lettered in volleyball but didn't care enough about my high school to get a jacket. I'm sure you never would have guessed I played volleyball since I'm so short.

Cresta said...

Look how beautiful you are!! Ben got lucky!

Celeste - The Solar Cook said...

It is fun to see you in your jacket. I remember you WAY back then. LOL. I never got a jacket as I changed high schools and didn't care about it too much. Isn't it fun to see our kids do things we did?

Morris Mama said...

You look exactly the same today as you do in that picture! Sans bangs, of course.