Monday, November 5, 2007

My leg

I finally went to the Dr. today and I was fearing the worst on different levels. I thought I had a slight fracture in my leg, just above my broken ankle injury from a few years ago. That was my first worry. Worry gone, no fracture, just a lot of arthritis (we already knew that). He said that I just need to rest it cause it is probably just stressed out. So I will rest until the pain is gone and cross train until then. Whew!! My other worry was that when I told him how much I was running, he was going to tell me how bad that was for me. He actually told me just the opposite. He was very surprised that I hadn't been to his office in over 18 months. He laughed when he saw me because he saw someone the other day that looked like me and he actually wondered how I was doing. Well, since running makes my ankle feel so much better, I told him that, and he said I should ride the wave as long as I can!! I asked him how I was going to be able to function when I was 70 and he said I probably wouldn't still be running then so stop worrying about it. I am so happy and relieved and I can't wait to get going again. Ragnar, Here I Come!!!

9 comments:

Cresta said...

So glad it's not a stress fracture! You want to run one of my legs for ragnar? You are a superwoman!

Becky said...

Glad it's not fractured...Watch out Ragnar...

MichelleY said...

Stacy - glad your leg is not fractured so you can keep running and be an inspiration to me- who sits at home thinking about exercising but never does it. Tawni is so cute - it was so fun subing her class on Sunday. My email address is brohem3@hotmail.com so I can send you an invite because I don't have your email address.

Celeste - The Solar Cook said...

Owie! I have arthritis in my injured joints as well. You are an inspiration that you keep going. I need to do that.

C Whetten said...

Are you resting it yet??? How are you doing that!

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

Great now I dont have a person to share my 3 hour time with! Hope you stay better!!!!

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

You need to add Kim Skinner!

Morris Mama said...

So we will be seeing johnsonteammom at the track then, right? Can't wait to tear it up at Ragnar!

Stacy said...

Let's just say "rest" is a hard word to define. I'm not running yet, it is still hurting. The only way to really heal it would be sit on my butt for a few days, which won't happen. I still have two Saturdays of football left and these are the big ones, 6am - about 10:30pm. I'll put my leg up for a few days after that.