Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Simple Pleasures

I'm taking a cue from DeAnna when she mentioned that we should take those "normal" daily events and turn them into adventures. So, this morning when I asked Marly what time she would be home so she could get ready for her Halloween party, she replied, "I'm all ready, this is what I'm wearing." As I turned around and looked at my kitchen/family room/music room, I decided she had no idea what getting ready for a party was all about. No worries, I had all day to get ready as I had no dentist appts. today (7 in 10 days is enough to do anyone in plus one trip to the chiropractor). So, I spent the day cleaning out and cleaning up. One of my simplest pleasures is a clean bathroom. I started with the half bath in the hallway cause I knew it would be quick and easy. And, I am certain that all of the middle school age crowd that is coming over tonight for the party are going to be quick to make mention of the spotless clean bathroom. (I just hope nobody actually uses it and gets it dirty!!) My kids must use the disgusting girls and boys bathrooms upstairs forever now so this one stays clean. Let's see, I've lived here 2 years so that is 104 Saturdays that it should have had a really good deep clean by my delightfully obedient children. Yet, when I went in there (I use my own bathroom 99% of the time) it looked as if it had only been cleaned once annually. Disgusting. I wanted to take a "before" picture but don't want you to know how gross I really let it get. So here is my adventure for the day, I cleaned and bleached that bathroom on my tippy toes and then on my hands and knees and it looks beautiful. If you want to come over and use it and you are an adult, you may be my guest..

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Stacy - When you are all done there, if you haven't anything to do, you are more than welcome to come do my bathrooms! Even just my half bath would be fine... Ü

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

Yeah, I dont know what your talking about....on a swim day once I had to pop in your 1/2 bath and it was spotless. With 6 kids and the neighborhood over 1/2 the time I had to wonder if you had Tawny cramed under the sink as she was instructed to clean after every person...then hide again. Hope you Halloween went well!

Fuller Family said...

Uh, I'll take you up on that since my guest bathroom is NOT clean and I would love to have a spotless bleached bathroom to use that I didn't have to clean myself...I'll be right over!