OK, so maybe it hasn't been that noticeable, but I have been trying. Thanks to DeAnna who always notices when I wear makeup (she says it makes me look younger), bless you DeAnna. So, I've been wearing my makeup, I've showered (or at least got dressed and did my hair) for like 5 straight days. Today, I'm falling apart but my hair is in a bandana (cute-like). This afternoon didn't help...
When I was reading to Tawny before I put her down for her nap, I commented how much I'll miss her when she goes to school every day next year. I asked her what I will do with my days and she said, "You can go to the store and buy something!" It seemed to make sense. "What should I buy?" "Well, you can buy a t-shirt that looks like a dress (I'm sure I'll feel more comfortable on my RS visits in that?!?!) and one of those black things, but buy a red one this time." "Black things?" I questioned. "Yeah, black things like the ones that go over your messy hair, but buy a red one this time." OK, so my 4 year old hasn't noticed any improvements...
4 comments:
Gotta love our 4 year olds. What would we do without their innocent pointing out of all of our frequent flaws?! You were on a record last week....at least 5 days straight!
I dont do anything 5 straight days on a row...ummm maybe complian! HA
That is hillarious. Just buy huge glasses, put on tinted lipgloss and walk around as if the sun is only shinning on you...I can see it now, oh and so get a polo like t-shirt dress, those are the best (I am just too fat to pull it off anymore) It feels like your wearing pajamas but you look dressed up to a degree. Your awesome!
For me it is a "clip" (one of those big jaws of life things to hold up my hair). My kids tell me when my clip is falling out, when it is too old, too scratched, or doesn't match. (I now only buy black so nobody can accuse me of not matching.) For me...I hate make-up and hair!
Don't get me started on BRAS! Who invented such a horrible thing?
P.S. My family made me throw out my t-shirt dress once the holes in my armpits became too big. I was only wearing it at night by that point. Can't I keep my t-shirt dress for Mike? ;-) Surely he thinks it is pretty?!?
I can TOTALLY relate to these last two posts!! I think every busy mom puts herself last. I guess I had gotten pretty bad after our 6th was born. When Don became disabled two years ago and I had to go into the work force, it was one of the best things that happened to ME... I had to get a whole new wardrobe of dressy office clothes, put on makeup, get my hair styled and start to curl my hair, etc. I definitely carried myself different and felt like a woman again. A bunch of people in the ward commented over the next few months to me (and moreso to Don) how much I had changed and how beautiful I was...how I had a twinkle in my eye. Even people we hardly knew. They said I even carried myself differently. I never realized how important that was FOR ME until then.
The big one was when at different times my kids times as I came out of the bedroom ready for work would do a double take and say, "WOW, MOM! You look so pretty!!" (Ya know, like "Who are you and what have you done with my mother?!") When your son's eyes get big as his jaw drops open and exclaims something like that, that's when you want to say, "Yea, I used to look like this all the time... there was a reason Daddy wanted to marry me..."
Now that I get to work from home and don't HAVE to get dressed up anymore, I've found myself in the T-shirt/sweats more and scrunchies without makeup... I have to force myself to put on nice clothes, shower, do my hair and makeup just for ME... well, and Don. (I've got it down to about 15 minutes from start to finish of shower, makeup and hair completed... I don't have time to spend in front of a mirror... I'm the mother of 6 and work 40 hours a week...) I have found, though, that my work the days I do that is more productive and I do carry myself differently... and smile more.
Post a Comment