Monday, July 30, 2007

Triathalon

I didn't even mention my triathalon that Ben and I did at the beginning of summer! We swam 100 meters, biked 14 miles, and ran a 5K. It was at Lake Pleasant and the weather was great! I sailed through the swim, then lost a lot of time on the bike, but then had a good run. My time was just over 2 1/2 hours, slower than I wanted, but at least I finished. The bike portion was a lot of up hill, and it about killed me. I had to get off and push my bike up 3 hills, I was not ready for that. Donny Whetten and Darcey Whiting did it with us. I had so much fun training with Ben. We get up and run or bike in the morning before he goes to work. I usually end up at the YMCA to do my swimming but we went to the lake a few times to swim too. It was the most fun because we did it together, not because we though we would win. My siblings have been inspired, I guess, and they are going to join me at our next race in September. That will make it more fun, and I might even be able to challenge someone! You hear me Brittany, Candice, and Melissa? It's on. We'll never beat Ben or Donny, but I think this 36 year old can give her younger sisters a run for their money. I know I'll never beat Darcey:)

3 comments:

Celeste - The Solar Cook said...

I envy your drive to do the triathlon! I am not the athlete. Never was...never will be. I also like the title of your blog. Maybe I have too much time on my hands...

Unknown said...

Look at our family blog, it has a video of the triathalon that shows Donny and Ben crossing the finish line....it is pretty cool, but the music is terrible. If you google Zoot Triathlon on YouTube, you can find it!

f-liu said...

talvez se podese abrir as suas mâos p´ra me isso ñ ia acomtece! sempre com mâos fechadas.
também gostava de ler o que está nas suas mâos...