Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer School

I decided to plug along and finish this degree by December which meant either four classes in the fall or two summer and two fall classes.  I fell in love with my short story class which I took in June.  It was intense, but a lot of cool readings and I got to create a video interpretation of one of the stories.  If you are interested, here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94S5X2l4LBk  I actually got 96/100 on it and I enjoyed putting it together.  If you want to read the actual story, go here: http://www.eastoftheweb.com/short-stories/UBooks/DesiBaby.shtml.

I took a few days off for the 4th of July holiday (our trip to Globe was interesting to say the least) and then started my blogging class on the 5th.  Yes, blogging.  ENG 394: Special Topic Blogging.  AWESOME!!  I hope to learn some cool stuff.  Unfortunately, it won't go live until after the class is over, but I will preview a few of my posts here for comment.  Please remember it is still under construction, so constructive criticism is the best.  I am discovering different types of topics for blogs.  The first page is the About Me post.  Here goes:


If I could be anyone, I would be a cross between Martha Stewart and Lucille Ball; I just wish I had red hair.  But I don’t.  I wish I was crafty.  I'm not.  What I am is your run of the mill, average stay at home mom, who tries to find the humor in my career ringleader of the midget circus I call my family.

Mother of eight of the most beautiful, smart and talented kids you have ever met, I find myself living out of my 15 passenger van as I deliver my children to all their extra curricular activities, grocery shopping for enough food to feed everyone, and still trying to remain somewhat sane with a little money left in the bank at the end of the month.

In my free time, I am pursuing a degree in literature from Arizona State University, I am an avid runner, and I am a huge fan of social media.  I like to take credit for inventing the sarcasm meter that my circle of friends use on FaceBook.

Sometimes I clean my house and make dinner, but I am doing my best at being the kind of mom I want my kids to be proud of.  I keep it real most of the time, so watch out for my need to sometimes blow off steam amidst offering what parenting advice I have gleaned over 20 years of marriage and family life.  

**Permission by my fabulous SIL to use the term midget circus to describe my family pending .

2 comments:

NYTON DAZE said...

Love it! Can't wait to read your new blog!

Jessie Nichols said...

Can I just say! You Amaze me!