This isn't about money, it isn't about anything for me, but family history. I realize that by the time the 2010 census becomes available to the general public (like 72 years or something), because of technology, there will be numerous ways for my family to track their ancestors. But, for me, the census records for my genealogy are most valuable. It used to be that they came to your home and asked you the questions. How lucky are we that we just mail ours in? Old census records were full of information, like your employment, your birthplace, your age, where your parents came from, and sometimes how much land you owned, and even how much livestock you had. Cool stuff. Sometimes the census is the only information I have when I am looking for a specific ancestor. I love census research. I can't wait to do more. Please send yours in, just in case you have a great, great, grandchild who wants proof of where you were at this point in your life. It's easy and fast.
Please excuse my model and her pointed tongue.
2 comments:
So true! We sent ours in.
Pat me on the back, cause I sent mine in : )
Post a Comment