Monday, November 30, 2009

My last Thankful Post

I am sad this is coming to an end. I have had a wonderful time trying to be thankful for so many things. I could do this everyday and still have more things to be thankful for. But, for today, I am so grateful for teenagers.

Vance leaves early for school, but when I remind him to do his chores, he is usually willing and able to take care of it before he leaves, even if I ask him while I am still in bed. He is helpful in getting kids to where they need to be when I can't. He babysits, he changes diapers, he runs errands. He is fun to laugh with and I enjoy his easy temperament. He is not perfect, don't get me wrong, but he almost always makes good choices, and is very picky about the friends he hangs out with and what they go and do, even when he gets made fun of for being a "goody goody."

Marly is so great to help out when I need her to. She is content to be in her room reading, instead of pillaging the streets with the other teenagers:) But, she does enjoy hanging out on occasion. She is so helpful with the little girls, giving them baths, helping them wash their hair, and getting them dressed. She wakes about 4:30 every school morning without being asked, in order to get ready for seminary and her school day. She leaves before anyone is awake most of the time and she has only missed one day this year because she woke up late. I'm also glad she doesn't have the gag reflex that I have because she cleans up a lot of vomit when Ben isn't around because she knows I can't.

Drew is so responsible with his homework and his friends. He is like Vance and very picky about who he hangs out with and what they do. He is so helpful to me during this pregnancy, moving laundry, running into the store to grab me something I need. This morning, we were out of milk, eggs, and bread. Luckily, the other kids like to eat oatmeal, but he hates it. I made him a deal that if he would go to the grocery store for me, I would get him some Burger King. We left about 8am and he took my debit card and went into Fry's while I sat in the car. He got bread, eggs, bananas, and milk...and a diet pepsi for his mom from the fountain in the deli, of course. I am so grateful that he is confident and mature enough to take care of this chore for me, it was totally worth the sausage croissant he ordered.

I love teenagers.

No comments: