Monday, November 2, 2009

10 Reasons Piano Lessons are important

I thought I should document this project that Drew had for school. It is a lesson on writing persuasive arguments. So when did I have homework for my 7th grader? Anyway, I had to come up with 10 reasons why Drew should continue to take piano lessons even though he hates it. Here it goes, in no special order, just how I thought of them.

1. There is a connection between being able to read well and playing an instrument. I want you to be a great reader.

2. Talents are gifts from God. If we don’t develop these talents, we are wasting a precious gift.

3. I love hearing piano music in the morning while everyone gets ready for school.

4. I love to torture you.

5. You may go to a foreign country on your mission where nobody knows how to play and you will be required to accompany the Hymns at your meetings.

6. It is my money and I will spend it how I want to.

7. Piano can be considered a percussion instrument and I thought you wanted to be the best percussionist you could be. This can only help.

8. Girls dig guys who play the piano so in reality, I’m doing you a favor.

9. Piano lessons keep you off the street and away from drugs and gangs.

10. Because I said so.

Drew's assignment is to respond to my reasons. I can't wait to see how that turns out. I will update this post later.

8 comments:

Cluff Family said...

ha ha ha you are Awesome Sister Johnson! I'm excited to see how Drew responds as well! You tell him that #8 is totally true! :) He'll thank you for it one day!

~allie Cluff

The Garbison family said...

LOL...I LOVE this!

DoubleDeej said...

Here's another:

* If you quit, you will regret it someday.

Anonymous said...

This is hilareous!! I have given some of these same reasons to Hannah in the past but I think that I will steal your list and post it on the wall above the piano on cute pink paper so she will actually look at it. :) She loves to take piano lessons she just doesn't like to practice....little stinkers!!!

Lisa W said...

Love it! This sounds like the conversation I have with my not-so-happy piano player about once a week.

Cara said...

Dang girl you are my hero. I want to be just like you. Can I come stay with you for a few days and get this whole motherhood thing figured out? I can't wait to hear his responses.

The Whatcott Fam said...

Love it!! He only has like 30 more songs to learn from the hymnbook then he's done... ;)

Jen said...

This was awesome! What a great assignment! Sounds like a fun FHE... I am interested what his response was.

Don wishes all the time his mom had MADE him practice. He doesn't understand why she gave in to his complaining.

It is true. Guy piano players are chick magnets.