Here are the rules I have to follow in order to receive the award:
- Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!
I don't play with my kids very well when they are little. I don't do Barbies, I don't play race cars, no legos, no dress ups, no tea parties, I for sure hate polypockets. I think it is because I don't like to clean it up. My sister, Allison, is good at it, Ben is good at it, I'm not. I like to play with them when they are babies, and then I like to hang out with them when they are older. Sorry kids.
- Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!
2 - They are into sports and so am I. I love to coach and watch and organize and participate.
3 - I love that they understand sarcasm (most of the time), I love to tease them and I'm glad they can tease me (most of the time)
4 - I love that my kids are independent. They don't need me to walk them to their friend's house, they spend the night without waking me up at 2am to come and get them, and they play by themselves if there is nobody else to play with (see response to first question).
5 - They choose good friends. For the most part, they are very wise in their choices of friends. I really don't have to worry about who they are hanging out with or what they will be doing. It doesn't mean I don't, I just rarely have to.
6 - They are flexible. With this many kids in a family, you don't get your way very often, but they know that if they are flexible with me, they increase their chances to be able to do what they want to do next time around.
7 - They are all good sleepers. Heavenly Father knew I needed a good 8-10 hours sleep per night and each one of my kids sleep through the night. Even my babies sleep (well not when they are teething or have an ear infection like Anny lately.) If someone has an accident in the night have learned to change their clothes and just go sleep somewhere else so as not to disturb me.
- Send this to five other Mom's of the year that deserve credit for being great moms and remind them that they are the best moms they can be!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you.
I nominate the following 5 blogging moms:
Carolyn - my mom
DeAnna - SIL
Candice - Sister
Sarah S. - Friend
Cresta - Friend
Go forth Great Moms, and nominate other Great Moms, that we may multiply and prosper!
3 comments:
I loved the comment about your kids chaning their own clothes and sleeping somewhere else. That is true independence!
You are such a good mom. I am the same as you. I don't like getting down and playing all day. I'm just not that way.
yea! You Blog!
Post a Comment