I should also add that there is nothing wrong with formula babies. I bottle fed one of my babies and she turned out all right (so far.) It can simply be a matter of personal preference and sometimes breastfeeding doesn't work out the way we want it to.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Breastfeeding your Baby
I have to say that I love breastfeeding. I love the bond I get to have with my babies that nobody else has. I love those quiet moments in the middle of the night (as long as there is only one). I love the way it burns calories fast so I can lose my baby weight quickly. I cannot go on without mentioning that I am not normally well endowed, but when I'm nursing, that's a whole different story:) But, I do not like the first 6 weeks, it is a little painful. I also have to say that I have some phobia about putting a blanket over the baby while I nurse. I have some irrational fear that it will get too hot or the baby will suffocate. I know in my head that it is totally irrational, but I can't get over it. So...sorry to anybody who feels uncomfortable around me while I nurse, I do my best to be discreet. I will add that I will not feed my child in a bathroom either, that is just nasty - would you eat in a bathroom? Bear with me, this should only last a year or so.
I should also add that there is nothing wrong with formula babies. I bottle fed one of my babies and she turned out all right (so far.) It can simply be a matter of personal preference and sometimes breastfeeding doesn't work out the way we want it to.

I should also add that there is nothing wrong with formula babies. I bottle fed one of my babies and she turned out all right (so far.) It can simply be a matter of personal preference and sometimes breastfeeding doesn't work out the way we want it to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
funny cartoon!
Random lady buying a house: Do you mind if I breastfeed here?
Dad: Oh, please do!
Agreed. You do a good job at keeping it discreet too. I say if you don't show any skin, feed the babies anywhere!
This may be a little presumptuous since I don't know if you read my blog every day - but it has changed to http://btdaniel.blogspot.com
Haha, love the cartoon! I love breastfeeding too, and it's so convenient!
I wish I had had that great of an experience. It sounds like everything they tell you in "the book." It was really stressful for me. I never lost weight, either. I kept it on until I stopped nursing. I tried six times and by six months they are on a bottle (sometimes way sooner).
Love that new family picture you posted. Wow - That looks like a lot of kids!! Ü Beautiful family!!
Eric and I put in our vacation requests to come see you guys!! We are so excited to come down:)
I have that same cartoon saved in my file of "oh so true favorites." Congratulations on the birth of Anny! You and Ben do make gorgeous babies!
I finally got to have a real experiance with breast feeding. It was definitely unique! Now that I know how it is either way,I can't decide which I like better? They both have advantages!
I could write a novel about my nursing ups and downs. Good for you for sticking with it. I get so upset with people who can't stand to see a mother nurse. Taking a baby to the bathroom to feed it is the most insane thing i've ever heard. If I ever catch you nursing out in public, I'll give you a high 5! You go sista!
Can I use you as a wet nurse...KIDDING. I have failed and about died the last time with an infection. I hope by a miracle I can even last 3 months this time around after she is born. I hate the stupid guilt that comes with Formula but I will likely need to get over it again. It shouldnt be like that but for some reason it is. I need to come see you before the SHOWER!
I am so happy for you that breastfeeding is working out great for you! I am NOT a breastfeeder and you would not believe the things people have said to me. How rude! :) I agree that feeding a baby in the bathroom is crazy!!
When I worked I had to pump in the bathroom every day. It kinda grossed me out, but it was the only privacy I could get. So many people gave me a hard time about wasting my time nursing/pumping, but I loved nursing.
As long as we aren't like the lady that I saw in Wal-Mart at the customer service line who was nursing, while standing, all flub and 1/2 a boob hanging out for all of Wal-Mart to see. Now THAT is classy.
I definelty wasn't born to breastfeed, but I do my best trying. I do love the bonding part. My babies don't gain enough weight with the "snack" that I produce, so I have to do both...and I've already decided that with the next kid I'm not gonna put myself on a guilt trip about having to supplement. Also, I admire women who can descreetly breastfeed in public. I feel like I have to go shut myself in a closet because I'm not good at balancing the baby, the blanket, and the milk.
I'm bummed I'm going to miss your and Anny's shower this weekend. We'll still be out of town. I love baby showers and I'm so glad you conceded because I'm sure it will be alot of fun.
The comics are so dang funny!!!
I love the comic. Her face decribes the way I felt most the time while nursing. - lol
Post a Comment