I make lists for everything. I have lists of things to do today, lists of things I want to eventually get done, lists of people to check on or call for Relief Society, sometimes I even post a sticky note right next to my dresser with lists of people that I don't want to forget to say a prayer for when I go to bed at night. If I don't write a list at the beginning of my day, I'll do it when I sit down at lunch and then cross off the things I alreayd did:) Silly, I know, but I love crossing things off. Well, Tawny is in on it too now and sometimes she asks to help with the list. It is those days that she actually doesn't mind helping out so she can cross things off as they get done. She knows that after that, we take off our aprons and we can relax or go do something. Yes, we always wear an apron while we're working to remind us to stay on task. When the apron comes off, we're off of cleaning duty. So, FYI, if you catch me wearing my apron, either chip in and help or be on your way, I have work to do, just kidding, well sort of.

Tawny's list, we limit the amount of laundry we do, and this day, we did 5 loads. We cross off the numbers as we finish.

Tawny's new love is doing the dishes.
I've found her washing the same 3 bowls or so and by then the water is ice cold, but she doesn't care. (I always pre-wash, and I throw a little bleach in the water when she cleans, just in case)

Sometimes Dodge comes over but he doesn't always like to help, sometimes he just likes to play with the water:)
Tawny's list, we limit the amount of laundry we do, and this day, we did 5 loads. We cross off the numbers as we finish.
Tawny's new love is doing the dishes.
I've found her washing the same 3 bowls or so and by then the water is ice cold, but she doesn't care. (I always pre-wash, and I throw a little bleach in the water when she cleans, just in case)
Sometimes Dodge comes over but he doesn't always like to help, sometimes he just likes to play with the water:)
Tawny is an expert at folding dish rags and towels. Because they are square or rectangle, she has perfected her folding talents. She is our all time dishrag folder. She can do a whole load in no time. I just wish when she put them in the drawer, they wouldn't come so unfolded:)
3 comments:
Your Grandma Whetten was a list maker also. I have seen her sit down at night and cross things off her lists and add other things to it, just so she can cross them off.
Don't I know it, sometimes when I write my list on the back of an envelope, I know that it might be genetic:)
Just a little FYI...I got to be Tawny's primary teacher on Sunday, so I wanted to do a little tattle-telling on her! She is just the sweetest thing. We talked about Choosing the right and making good decisions vs. bad ones. We then had each child tell what they can do to make good decisions and then draw a picture of it. (don't know if you got to see Tawny's picture and talk to her about it) When I got to her and asked her how she could choose the right, she said, "Instead of telling my mom no when the dishes need to be done, and going to play, I love to help her. It is always the best when we do them together!!" It was the sweetest moment to see that your daughter loved doing service for you and wanted to spend her time doing things to help you! It was a very sweet moment and I was so impressed with her!
Post a Comment