So, I took Katy over to play at Afton's house (her cousin in the ward). I stopped by a little later to ask Joe something but he was asleep so Allison and I talked for a minute on the porch. Allison relates the following conversation with Katy:
Katy - "Did you see the sign that says SeeKatRun?"
Allison - "Yeah"
Katy - "She's going to run a really long race"
Allison - "She already did"
Katy - "Oh yeah, my mom said she ran into a brick wall during the race"
Allison - Laughing "She didn't actually run into a brick wall, she just had a hard time finishing."
I can't stop laughing. I guess I didn't explain the "wall" that sometimes a runner hits at the end of a race. Just think, Kathleen, it could have been worse, you could have actually run into a brick wall.
3 comments:
I love kids and their logic. Hey, I have hit the wall before and it's not that unlike actually running in to a brick wall!
That is some funny stuff. I remember when I was a kid I ALWAYS took things VERY literally. perfect example.
Kids have the cutest points of view. They are so innocent.
Post a Comment