
My swift moving neighbor, and fitness group member, Kathleen B., is running the Boston Marathon today - in BOSTON!!! She has me on her list of people to send e-mails all throughout the race as to her status at every 5K. Two of her girlfriends in the neighborhood hung this sign last week that started at 7 days and finally, the day we've all been waiting for...ok, maybe more me (and Kathleen) is here!! I'll post as often as I can throughout the day, but you can check her out at bostonmarathon.com and track her yourself if you'd like. Go Kat!! I couldn't be more proud of this awesome friend.
6 comments:
At the 5K, she was at 25:26
At the 10K, she was at 51:18
At 15K, she was 1:18:10
Halfway through and she is 1:52:36. The temperature there is 46 degrees, kinda cold.
I saw this sign and wondered what it meant.
Scott just called and said even though the temp is 46, the sun is out and the weather is perfect! He's at the finish line, waiting for her arrival.
Official finish time is 4:47:41. I know she won't be happy about her time, it is way off her goal. I can only say that to make it that far is quite an accomplishment. She is an inspiration to us all.
Post a Comment