Friday, February 1, 2008

Now my kids are sick

OK, so yesterday when my mom asked if everyone was healthy, she might have jinxed it. Drew has been battling a cough for a few days but yesterday after school, he had had it. He slept some yesterday and missed basketball practice (he must really be sick). I kept him home today to pull himself together and all he has done is sleep or watch t.v.

So those of you who know my crazy mornings know that I get up about 6am, get my kids up and ready for school, then at 7:30, Tawny and I crawl back into my bed while I sleep until almost 9 while she watches cartoons. She was quite restless this morning but eventually fell asleep and pretty deeply I might add cause she was snoring, meaning I wasn't going to go back to sleep. When she woke up, she had a fever. Now she and Drew are cuddled on the couch upstairs watching t.v. and sleeping intermittently. I'm staying downstairs and deep cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed, dusted, etc. for our Super Bowl Party with my family...I mean Big Family Home Evening with the Whettens. I'm moving onto my room and I even got all the laundry done!! A bad day is turning good.

2 comments:

Fuller Family said...

yeah..when my kids are sick and sleep a lot I actually get more done because they aren't up destroying and terrorizing. Sometimes its nice to get a break to clean without the dust devils on your tail..!!Way to go on LONDON'S run! You rocked! You can still whip me, even pregnant!

Celeste - The Solar Cook said...

We have sick people too...and a "chipmunk"...I mean wisdom teeth surgery survivor.

I get less done when kids and hubby are sick. I want to go back to bed with them and be lazy. :-D